ELEMENTARY SCHOOL FOR CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS DR. LJUDEVITA PIVKA PTUJ
Elementary school Dr. Ljudevita Pivka Ptuj carries out the educational process for children with mental disabilities.
The founders of the school are: the Municipality of Ptuj, the Municipality of Cirkulane, the Municipality of Destrnik, the Municipality of Dornava, the Municipality of Gorišnica, the Municipality of Hajdina, the Municipality of Juršinci, the Municipality of Kidričevo, the Municipality of Majšperk, the Municipality of Markovci, the Municipality of Videm, the Municipality of Zavrč and the Municipality of Žetale. Also the students from the Municipalities of Sv. Andraž, Trnovska vas, Benedikt and Ormož visit school Dr. Ljudevita Pivka.
The school was established as an autonomous institution in 1979. The school has 2,826 m2 indoor space and 454 m2 of green.
The following programs are implemented within the educational activities of the school:
– Personalized training programme with lower educational standards: from grades 1 to 9. This program includes children with mild mental disabilities.
– The special educational programme from grades 1 to 6, where children are included with moderate, severe and profound intellectual disabilities. These topics are a modified curriculum and in accordance with an individualized programme, created by the professional team in consultation and agreement with the parents.
SPHERES OF ACTIVITY
- elementary school with lower educational standard ( OŠPP NIS)
- departments for education and training (PPVI)
- specialized mobile pedagogical service (MSP )
- department of after-school care (OPB)
There are 77 students in the school year 2014/2015,
- elementary education presents the main activity of the institution,
- after finishing elementary school, most of the students continue studies in 2-year vocational education in building, wood, metallurgy, food or textile programmes.
MOBILE SERVICE (MSP)
- has been in operations since 1992/93
Our teachers and professional workers work with students with specific learning problems and visit schools with equivalent educational standard in the 16 communities in the vicinity of Ptuj.
DEPARTMENTS OF EDUCATION AND THE DEPARTMENT WITH COMBINED DISORDERS (PPVI)
- The department of education includes children and adolescents with a milder and severe disorder in mental development.
- It includes children with combined developmental problems. These are mostly children with cerebral palsy and other bodily particularities.
EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMME – PPVI
- 1. development of independence
- 2. general education
- 3. physical education
- 4. music rhythmic education
- 5. fine arts
- 6. working education
WORKERS OF THE INSTITUTION
- Professional workers of the institution are special education teachers – special educators, a psychologist and occupational therapist, speech therapist, librarian, mobile special education teachers for helping pupils with specific learning difficulties.
- Technical and administrative workers and the institution management are also included in the all-day programme.
- The activities described are financed by Ministry of Education (state level), and in a small part also by those municipalities whose pupils attend the school(local level).
Our current Comenius international experience you can see on our project blog: http://jointheplanetwithfriendships.blogspot.com/
BASIC INFORMATION ABOUT THE SCHOOL AND CONTACT
Osnovna šola dr. Ljudevita Pivka Ptuj
Ulica 25. maja 2 a, 2250 Ptuj
tel: +386 2 771 07 80
fax:+386 2 771 07 85
mag. Lidija Hameršak Marin
tel. numb. 00386 2 771 07 81
tel. numb. 00386 2 771 07 88,
mob. tel. numb. 00386 41 345 337
Secretary: Izidora Belović
00386 2 771 07 80